lunedì, dicembre 31, 2018

BEST BOOKS AWARDS 2018 - INTERNATIONAL EDITION [SECONDA EDIZIONE]

Hi, sweeties! As usual I'm here to list my favourite and must read-books of 2018. My list is very long, I hope I'll be able to do the FLOPS OF THE YEAR 2018 also for the International Section, because I've have few words to say also about those books.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the BEST BOOKS AWARDS 2018, SECOND EDITION. Let's take a seat, the show is about to begin!


BEST ROMANCE

Two years ago, his kiss left her reeling, but she pushed him away and they never spoke of it again.

Lena Andrews is bad at love, and has no intention of getting better at it.
Men are good for one thing, and love isn’t it.
She’s perfectly okay with finding happiness in her job as a comic book artist.
Yet, she can’t shake the memory of her coworker’s kiss.
Amos St. Clair has stayed the hell away from Lena Andrews for the last two years.
Work has filled his time and he’s on the cusp of making a name for himself. When an opportunity to complete a project that’s dear to Lena’s heart presents itself, Amos seizes the opportunity – even if it means being with the woman he's avoided all this time.
Through their mutual passion for art and each other, their love blooms like a lotus flower out of a dark, muddy pool. But, is their love strong enough to withstand the challenges posed by the most important job of their careers?
REVIEW

BEST DARK ROMANCE

Dying to experience life, I cross an ocean to get away from my fears. I find my safe haven in the form of Detective Aiden Holden.

He shows me what love is, but then our lives collide. Our little world shatters, and I'm caught in the crossfire.

I'm forced to return home, to let go of the only person who has made me feel like I could be more.

How do you return to a cage once you've tasted freedom?

My only hope is that Aiden will cross an ocean for me.

Please note: The Ocean Between Us contains graphically violent scenes that may be upsetting to some readers.
REVIEW


BEST MAFIA ROMANCE

I am marked by the Black Rose, the symbol of my father’s cruelty and arrogance. It’s a stain that will never wash out, the same mark all those girls carry—the ones who keep turning up dead.

My father, underboss for a powerful crime family, killed my fiancé, then told me he’d see me dead too. The only reason he didn’t kill me right then and there was because he wanted me to suffer first.

But he will never break me.

I ran away. I survived. Those other girls…they weren’t so lucky.

To stop the murders, I’ll have to go back and give my father what he wants.
Me. My blood.

And then there’s Hunter…the only man I want, and the only one I can never have. If he finds out who I am, everything I’ve fought for will fall apart.

There will never be a knight in shining armor to rescue the girls of the Black Rose. I’ll have to do that myself.

The blood of the Family runs in my veins, and I will not go down without a fight

BEST EROTIC NOVEL

When war and conscience tear wolf-shifter Arianna Kellam from her pack, she finds herself alone in the wilds of Alaska…until she runs into the sexy and untamed Robicheaux brothers. Can they make their own pack and fight for the side of good, or will evil prevail and tear them apart before they get the chance?

Warning: This is book one of a steamy reverse harem two-part series and contains a cliffhanger!
REVIEW









BEST NEW ADULT

Everyone has a story about a broken heart, but Jaymerson’s heart wasn’t just broken. It was completely shattered…

Along with her body and mind.

Jaymerson Holloway had it all—until one moment. One bad decision. A split second and her life was altered forever. Faced with unimaginable grief and guilt, while learning to simply walk again, Jaymerson realizes she will never be the same. Everyone wants her to get back to who she was before. But nothing of her old life feels real to her anymore.

The only one who understands what she is going through is someone who has always been cruel to her and someone she hated. The other survivor.

Hunter Harris is totally off-limits and full of secrets.

Though each blame the other, they are the only ones to help start to repair their shattered lives.

But as the undeniable pull between them intensifies, she starts to wonder if she will ever learn the secrets he’s been hiding—or if she even wants to.REVIEW

BEST DEBUT NOVEL

Hot bachelor Max Carlisle is heir to a media empire, tabloid catnip, and... wants to hire me to be his fake fiancee. I know what it takes to keep a billionaire in line, but signing up for seven days in close quarters with this Very Irresistible Playboy? It's just asking for trouble. The kind of thrilling, reckless trouble I could use a little more of since my career is currently ass-backwards in a mud bath with six shih-tzus (don't ask). So do I: a) Take the job, and bicker wildly every step of the way? b) Embark on a mad-cap treasure hunt to claim his billion-dollar inheritance? c) Try my hardest not to fall head-over-heels in love with him and wind up having the best sex of my life? d) All of the above?

Something tells me I'm about to be way out of my league... and under the most handsome, infuriating man I've ever met. But with a fortune on the line, can we beat out his crazy relatives to win the prize? And will our fake relationship be game over at the finish line?

Find out in the new sexy, hilarious romantic comedy!

BEST YOUNG ADULT

Will he take the leap with me?

Cole Danforth was a troubled kid with a bad reputation. When I was nine years old, he rescued me from bullies trying to steal my Halloween candy. Thus began my decade-long crush on him.

Now, the summer after my freshman year in college, I discover the boy has turned into a gorgeous man who makes me melt. Every part of me wants him — my heart, my mind, my body. But Cole, struggling with the burden of his past, refuses to accept how good we are together.

I believe in us hard enough to take the chance. But will Cole take the leap of faith with me?

This novella prequel takes place ten years before If We Fall, Book One in Nina Lane’s What If duet


BEST COVER

Wealthy, powerful Grant Thorne is used to getting what he wants, and he wants Blaire, the beautiful angel who saved his life when he was injured in a blizzard. The CEO of Thorne Industries and the son of a Senator, he lives his life in the public eye. Convincing the reclusive artist to be a part of his world won’t be easy, but determination fuels his pursuit.

Blaire Callahan had escaped her dangerous past to create a new life for herself, or so she thought, until one night she rescues a handsome stranger who rattles her quiet existence. Their chemistry is undeniable, but is it enough to risk her heart and give up the safety of her remote sanctuary?

Dreams of having a life together come to a screeching halt when the couple is photographed at a political event. And when Blaire suddenly vanishes, Grant begins unraveling her past, and realizes the woman he fell in love with was never as she seemed.

Can a woman held captive by the lies of her past really have a future with a man who’s captured her heart? Or will her dangerous past catch up with her and jeopardize their future forever…

BEST RETELLING

Wouldn't you give up everything for the one you love?

When Ellie's father is taken by a group of thugs planning to take his life in exchange for his debts, it’s no surprise she goes running straight into the beast’s lair. After all, Ellie Stevens has been her father’s keeper for as long as she can remember.

However, Ashland Titon isn’t a man of mercy. If you owe, you pay. End of story. His unrelenting control has built his empire, and he’s not going to give over that power now. But when Ellie charges into his life with her demands and possibilities of sweet surrender, her offer proves too tempting to pass up.

Yet there’s more at play here than just working off a debt. There are secrets buried in the shadows, and dangerous desires to be explored. While the two of them dance to an erotic beat, outside forces threaten Ashland's empire and Ellie must decide where her heart truly lies - and what she's truly willing to risk for love.


BEST BOOK OF 2018

I've worked a decade for this. I've sold my soul and my reputation. I've lived a lie, smiled for the cameras, and hated myself, all for this inheritance.

And then … she pops up. A mysterious heir with a rap sheet, combat boots, and a mouth that I want to pin shut with my—

It doesn’t matter. I’ve played this game for a decade. I can continue the charade a little longer, keep my hands to myself and her body out of my mind. I can keep my secret until the ink dries and everything is mine.

Or not.

I hope I'll have another rich year concerning reads in 2019, I've loved this books so much! I hope you do too!

xoxo,
Giada






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...